Monday, January 19, 2009

It's All Preparation

"Baby, I wish I could be here to see how your life turns out."

"I just hope I make the right choices, Momma."

"Just remember all those promises you made."


All my sisters converged upon my Mom's house this weekend to pack up her Christmas decorations. 2008 would be the last year my Mom's house would be decorated with all of her holiday treasures. So we selected all the little things that had special meaning to us and made our piles. I have a red Santa boot that has been around since before I was born and just knowing I will have it adorning my home someday at Christmas, warmed my heart.

We called it a girl's night slumber party - my Mom, my Aunt Pat, Ginger, Patty, Amy and I - we ordered pizza, had girl talk, laughed, cried, watched a movie, ate desserts and stayed up really late. It was truly a bonding experience. I'm amazed at how close we've all become through this trying time.

My Mom worries about me, being the youngest, and not being here to see me experience so many things. I don't want her to worry...but she's a Mom and I guess that's her job. I'm sitting here now in tears as I type this. I hope God allows her to be an angel in my life so she can watch how it all unfolds.

I just hope I make her proud.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You will make her proud...I have confidence in you. As hard as it might be on you, spend as much time with her as possible. Let your face be the last one she sees at night and your face she gazes on in the morn. You will be blessed beyond words to know that you spent every last moment with her and did all that you could. Have no regrets. Love 'ya through the tears,
Susan