Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who I Am

Why am I always so apologetic for who I am? All the little intricacies that make up JOY. They're unique and they're mine. I don't pretend to be anything than what I am and I'm proud to be me.

I'm imperfect, I'm clumsy, I have a tendency to be loud, I have many different laughs (depending on the situation and how funny something ACTUALLY is), I squint up just my left eye when I laugh really hard, I enunciate, I have perfect penmanship, I take a long time to get ready, I have a terrible memory, I'm a hopeless romantic, I'm emotional, if I'm in love - I love with ALL of my heart, I tend to smirk instead of smile, I could be a better daughter...sister...aunt...friend, I text and drive, I slouch, I wear my heart on my sleeve, I can recite lyrics to a dozen different old school rap songs, I get excited over snow, I smile at babies and old people, I'm an open book and sometimes OVER share, I'm impatient, I can't dance, I worry, I sometimes bite my nails, I take extra long showers, I always have random bruises on my arms and legs, I say "REALLY???" a lot, I'm whimsical, I daydream, I have a love/hate relationship with organization, I put my foot in my mouth A LOT.

I find myself always saying, "I'm sorry" and I'm tired of it. I'm all of these things and so much more. I'm not perfect, and I certainly don't pretend to be.

Love it or leave it, this is who I am.

No comments: