Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Sirens Song

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." – Unknown


In Greek mythology, The Sirens are sisters (one of brilliant voice, one of enchanting words, one of persuasion and one of song) who lure sailors to their death. The song of the Sirens is irresistible but they reside beyond impassable reefs, which destroy the sailors boat when they try to reach the Sirens.

I need to turn this ship around. I keep crashing up against the jagged rocks over and over again. The temptation to continue on this dangerous course is bigger than me and I've grown weary of swimming away from this sinking vessel.

But the music is just beautiful...and so I drown.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm not sure who is tiring? Your mom? You? God gives us each a purpose and as long as we're breathing, we're living. As long as we're living, we have a purpose. May God use each of us according to His purpose to bring glory to Him. Amen.